22 Novembre – FIRENZE
Ore 11.00 – 12.30 – Partecipazione al dibattito: Monetary policy: what can Europe learn from the experience of non-euro countries? – Firenze Palazzo Capponi All’Annunziata, Via Gino Capponi 26, in occasione della Conferenza “HOW CAN WE GOVERN EUROPE?”.
– What can we learn from the different monetary policies pursued in Europe, the UK, the US and
– Are unconventional monetary policies (quantitative easing, etc.) feasible in Europe and will they
help to exit the crisis?
– Should more innovative policies (i.e., overt monetary financing) be considered, and what dangers
to they present?
– What are the elements of a good financial system?
– Should the role of capital controls be reconsidered?
MODERATOR: Tonia Mastrobuoni, Giornalista di La Stampa
Vítor Constâncio, Vice President, ECB
Bill Mitchell, Charles Darwin University, Australia
Paolo Guerrieri, Economics Professor at the University of Rome “Sapienza”
Richard Koo, chief economist, Nomura Research Institute
Frances Coppola, economist, former banker, contributor at Forbes and associate editor at Pieria